The Civil Commission on October 7 Crimes by Hamas Against Women, Children and Families, an independent Israeli non-profit organization that conducted a two-year investigation on the attack, recently released its report, "Silenced No More." It concludes that Hamas systematically, deliberately and extensively weaponized sexual violence during the 2023 attacks and subsequent captivity.
The report includes extremely graphic accounts of the attacks, but Justine Brooke Murray of Media Research Center (MRC) says American journalists have a duty to report it.
"The world must know what everybody — mobs, college students, the media — have been celebrating and cheering on in our streets for over two years," she insists. "I worked in New York when these pro-terror, jihadi mobs, just one day after Oct. 7, were already cheering in the streets … for the same things that happened in that report to those Jewish women… [to happen] here in America."
Like other Jews in the U.S., Murray says she takes the Oct. 7 attack personally.
"I went to Israel just three months after Oct. 7," she accounts. "We walked inside this house of this young couple, both of them were 22 years old, and there were still gunshots everywhere; their breakfast was still on the kitchen counter."
Last week, just before The Commission's report was released, U.S. outlets attempted to distract from the truth about Hamas' crimes by latching on to opinion piece titled "The Silence That Meets the Rape of Palestinians," propaganda that claimed, without evidence, that Israelis committed sexually violent acts against Palestinians.
"They were very manipulative," Murray contends. "They are desperately trying to throw it under the rug."
The Commission's war crimes archive is built by a multidisciplinary team of researchers, legal experts and trauma specialists. It is meant to serve as both a memorial and a rigorously documented historical record.